I've been tagged by Mr. Smooth and Fresh himself for 10 random things and also for my pumpkin pancake recipe. So, here goes:
1. I love peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches.
2. I learned to shoot a handgun when I was five.
3. I have a freckle on my bottom lip.
4. I know my way around a hula hoop.
5. I make kick-ass Halloween costumes.
6. I would love to have chickens, but our city keeps telling me no.
7. I hate being told "no".
8. I bake so much during the fall and winter months that I have to special order 50lb. bags of flour.
9. I used to run a craft blog.
10. Had I been a boy, my name would have been Matthew. I sure am glad I'm a girl.
I'm pretty late to the party on this one and I'm not sure who all has been tagged but I'd love to hear some randomness from:
On to the carb love.
Blogger's flaking out, otherwise there would be a picture of a stack of pancakes here.
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. rolled oats
1 T. baking powder
1 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 t. groundcinnamon
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground nutmeg
1 1/4 or more milk
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl. Mix milk, egg and pumpkin together in small bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix til combined. You may need to thin batter with a bit more milk. Use a 1/2 cup measure to scoop batter onto hot griddle. Cook til you see air bubbles. Flip. Smother in pure maple syrup. Enjoy!
I did not count calories last week. I haven't run since Wednesday. I've had some sort of stomach bug for the last few days that makes just leaving the house an adventure. We lost a pet.
Good times, good times. I'll be in my room wrapped in a big, thick blanket and watching Weeds if anyone needs me. Somehow watching a make-believe, drug-dealing mother neglect her children comforts me.