Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

It's tough explaining to Tucker why I refuse to go out running in this weather so I just let him out to see for himself. He came right back inside. He doesn't mind the cold, but I think we're on the same page about the rain.
He pouted about it all day.

It was a great day for soup though and for dinner I made one of my favorites: Pasta Bean Soup. I've always served it without the bacon, and use vegetable stock instead of chicken, but this time I added a few drops of Liquid Smoke to give it a little more depth. Delicious! A little almond butter on toast to accompany...perfect.



No workout today. Boo! I got a new Runner's World today that has a plan that's supposed to help keep me motivated. I think the fact that I'm excited to go to bed so I can read about getting motivated says a lot about my current state.

6 comments:

Quinton J said...

“I think the fact that I'm excited to go to bed so I can read about getting motivated says a lot about my current state.” HILARIOUS!!!!

You are quite the chef! Your fam’s got it good.

KovasP said...

I wanted soup for lunch yesterday but had a middle-eastern veggie platter instead. Yum.

River said...

Aww, Tucker is such a furry cutie patootie!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! What I used for the Cheeze Cauliflower was cornstarch.

heather said...

Thanks Q!

Kovas - hope you are feeling better. How long have you been veg?

Hi River - thanks for getting back to me. I'll try it!

Andrew Opala said...

That soup looks good ... I' just imagining the smell!!!! yummy

I love your label "vegan mofo"

I love the cold rain ... but it's all those years playing football I guess.

Tami said...

Pasta Bean Soup is one of my favorite things. So comforting!