Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bootie Bustin', Aussies and Another Fall Soup


Today marks the start of Amanda's Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge and I am psyched! Nothing like a little challenge to keep ya from totally piggin' out (and spreadin' out) during the holidays. She has over 300 participants and you can still sign up until the end of today, so head on over. I think its going to be great meeting a lot of active folks and there are some great prizes too! I believe Miss Shelly was the big winner last year. I can't imagine why, I mean it's not like she's dedicated or anything.

Here's another fascinating and active lady I found through Q.  I've always wanted to visit Australia, now I can live vicariously through  Miss Barbie (as in, put another shrimp on the). She's an amazing wife,  mom, triathlete and is uber cool! She is hosting a seriously aussome giveaway over at her blog. Checkity check her out.

After one gorgeous week of warmth, sunshine and salad, last week me hit me again with its darkness, wind and rain. But I kicked it in its sad blue a** with some Butternut Squash and Apple Soup. I love Ina Garten and have made this soup every November for the last five years. I halve the recipe, add a bit more curry to fire it up and leave it a little on the chunky side 'cause I'm not a big fan of pureed soups. All that was required to make it vegan was a switch from butter to Earth Balance. Yum! Hot and sweet, just the way I like it.

1 comment:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I am so excited for the HBBC. It brings back loads of memories of Army Son helping out with his little siblings so I could get my workouts in and reminding me to do the little extras. I seriously think I won because of his support. He was such a great motivator...or maybe she just wanted me out of the house? Hummm?